Want to know how to make fluffy galaxy slime? Our fluffy galaxy slime recipe makes it easy to make a pastel galaxy slime that is stretchy, soft, and won’t make a big mess!
If you love slime recipes, you’ll want to check out our other galaxy slime recipe, too! It’s not a fluffy slime galaxy, but it is filled with traditional dark galaxy colors of black, purple, and blue!
How to Make Fluffy Galaxy Slime
We like fluffy slime because it has less mess than other traditional borax slime recipes. We use our best fluffy slime recipe as the base for this slime, but we add pastel galaxy colors for extra pizazz!
What is Galaxy Slime?
Galaxy slime is simply a slime that uses the colors of the galaxy.
Even though space is technically black, we usually think of a galaxy as being filled with brilliant colors and sparkling lights.
This version of galaxy slime uses pastel colors and is just the prettiest version of a milky way galaxy!
What Do You Need to Make Galaxy Slime?
Make sure you have these supplies on hand before you make your galaxy slime swirl!
Galaxy Slime Kit
If you don’t feel like gathering all the supplies individually, you can pick up this galaxy slime kit.
It’s a fun way to make a series of galaxy slimes without hunting down specific supplies!
Why is My Slime Watery?
Watery slime usually means you messed up the ratio, but it’s usually completely fixable. If your slime is too watery, try this:
- Add more activator. It could be you just didn’t add enough activator!
- Pour off excess liquid. It could be that you added too much water or activator and need to pour off some access.
If that doesn’t work, try adding a bit more glue.
Why is My Slime Sticky?
Sticky slime usually means you don’t have enough activator. Try adding a bit more.
If that doens’t work, you may need to add something dry, like cornstarch, to help reduce how sticky your slime is. I like to add either cornstarch or shaving cream to eliminate stickiness.
How to Make Galaxy Slime with White Glue
Want to learn how to make fluffy galaxy slime? The recipe below will show you step-by-step how to make non-messy galaxy slime!
First, put 1/2 cup of glue and 1/2 cup of shaving cream into a bowl.
Add a few drops of your blue, pink, or purple food coloring and stir.
Add 1/2 a cup of laundry starch and stir.
Your slime should start to come together. If it doesn’t, you may need to add more ingredients.
If your slime is too sticky, you need to add a bit more laundry starch. If it is too stiff, add more shaving cream.
Keep adjusting until you have a soft, stretchy slime that doesn’t stick to your hands.
Get a printable recipe for your fluffy galaxy slime below!
- Elmer's white glue
- Shaving Cream
- Laundry Starch
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stirring spoon
- Add one cup of glue to a mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of shaving cream to the bowl and stir. Be careful to stir gently or your slime will be less fluffy in the end.
- Add 1/2 a cup of laundry starch and stir gently.
- Your slime will start to form, but it might become stringy. If it does, don't panic.
- Let the slime sit for about 5 minutes.
- Evaluate your slime for texture and feel. If it's too sticky, add more laundry starch. If it is too stiff, add in a bit more shaving cream.
- Knead your slime for 3-4 minutes and evaluate again. Usually, the slime will be perfect and no sticky at all at this point. If it is, keep adjusting a little bit at a time until it has the texture you want!
Temperature and the moisture level in your area can change how much of each ingredient you need to include. Use our recipe as a guideline and make your own adjustments as you go! It's normal for there to be variations.
Check out our slime troubleshooting guide if you have problems!
More Out of This World Slime Ideas
Slime lovers can try these other galaxy inspired slime recipes too!