Nothing says spring like lesson planning!
Ok, so that’s not true, but during the spring, we still have to have a STEM lesson plan. These spring lesson plans all have a STEAM focus and have ideas for science, technology, engineering, art, and math!
Elementary teachers rejoice, your spring lesson planning is done!
What You Need to Teach in the Spring
All of what you need to teach lesson plans in the spring is based on grade level and your curriculum. But these Amazon affiliate links contain useful products that many elementary teachers can use during their spring lessons!
Elementary STEAM Spring Lesson Plans
Elementary teachers your spring lesson planning is done! These spring lesson plans give you everything you need to teach springtime STEM.
Spring Science Lesson Plans
Spring science can have an emphasis on regeneration, growth, new life, birth, seasons, and weather.
Here are some lessons to try:
Spring Life Science Lesson Plans
- Plant a seed and watch it grow.
- Find plants that propigate in differnet ways and watch them grow.
- Analuze the apperance of spring plants native to your area.
- Observe animal and plant life cycles.
- Look at the chemical compounds of plants.
- Learn and describe things farmers do in the spring to grow food.
Spring Physical Science Lesson Plans
- Create and observe a water cycle in action.
- Record the weather and temperature every day for a month.
- Explain the chemical compounds of various soils and determine which soil to use for growing certain plants.
- Create methods to reduce pollution and damage to plants.
Spring Earth Science Lesson Plans
- Track how the sun’s position changes during the spring.
- Make a model of the tides and analyze how they work.
- Show how spring is an indication of global warming and explore ways to reduce climate change.
- Grow a spring garden.
Spring Technology Lesson Plans
Technology is always important no matter the time of year. Here are some technology projects with a spring twist!
- Calculate how much solar energy could be harness in your area.
- Track weather changes during spring.
- Study spring constellations and build a model for viewing them.
- Examine garden plants under the microscope and compare their cell structure.
Spring Engineering Lesson Plans
Engineering in the spring is a lot of fun! Here are some spring engineering lessons to try:
- Build a model for preventing soil erosion.
- Design a way to protect seedlings from surprise frosts.
- Develop design plans for protecting buildings from severe weather like tornadoes, earthquakes, and mudslides.
Spring Math Lesson Plans
Spring math can focus on understanding how math is present in the seasonal rhythms of spring. There are a lot of spring math activities to try, but here are some lessons you might want to incorporate:
- Count and compare the number of leaves and petals on spring flowers.
- Graph and compare spring light/dark hours in several locations across the world.
- Make a chart of average spring temperature, rainfall, and weather patterns in different locations across the country.
Spring Art Lesson Plans
Spring art can emphasie new life and birth that happens during the spring. Here are some spring-focused art lessons to try:
- Make a 3D model of a plant or animal life cycle.
- Draw a picture of weather in the spring.
- Write a piece of music that sounds like spring.
- Make art using plant material like flowers and grass.
- Plant a flower garden filled with beautiful colors and patterns.
- Make a 3D model of a plant.
Spring STEM Lesson Plans
If you want ready-to-go, low-prep spring lesson plans, you’ll love these resources.