II love this fluffy cloud slime recipe in particular because it has just 3 ingredients. The fluffy, white slime it creates looks just like cumulus clouds! This recipe for how to make cloud slime is definitely a favorite, and best of all, it is also one of our slime recipes without contact solution!
love making slime recipes, and at this point, I believe I’ve made upwards of 200 recipes for slime. So, to say that I know how slime works is definitely an understatement! One of my kids’ favorite slime recipes is cloud slime. It’s puffy and soft and less messy than other slime recipes.
Slime created using contact solution is usually stringy and unattractive, which is why we usually don’t use it for our slime recipes.
Instead, we love slime made with laundry starch and use it for almost all of our slime recipes.
How to Make Fluffy Cloud Slime in 5 Minutes
Before starting this fluffy cloud slime recipe, make sure you have the necessary ingredients on hand- white shaving cream, white glue, and liquid laundry starch!
Once your materials are gathered, you are ready to make your slime. Within 5 minutes, you will have puffy, cloud-like slime that is so much fun to play with!
What Can You Use Instead of Contact Solution for Slime?
You can use three different slime activators instead of contact lens solution. The following are some of our favorite slime activators:
Each of these activators produces slime with a distinct texture. The thickest slime is made with borax powder, which also helps to reduce slime stickiness and mess.
Liquid laundry starch makes a consistent slime with the texture of classic slime or gak every time.
Elmer’s slime activator is a cross between borax slime and liquid laundry starch slime that works with any form of glue.
Slime Shopping List to Make Cloud Slime
Here is what you’ll want to have on hand before attempting to make this cloud slime recipe!
You can find these slime ingredients at any local store, but for me, it’s often easiest to purchase my slime supplies in bulk and have them delivered to my house.
How Do You Make Cloud Slime without Contact Solution?
It’s easy to make cloud slime, all you need is instant snow along with your standard slime ingredients of glue, soap dye, and liquid laundry starch.
Don’t Want to Hunt Down Ingredients? Try These Slime Kits!
Of course, you can also purchase ready-made slime-making kits that eliminate the need to hunt down supplies from anywhere! All of the supplies for slime show up right on your doorstep!
- Beginner slime making kit
- Unicorn slime making kit
- Ice cream slime making kit
- Mermaid slime making kit
- Neon slime making kit
If you get bored of making the same slime recipes over and over…
Try Our Other Slime Recipes without Contact Solution!
Here are some of our favorite creative slime recipes that my kids love to make over and over.
- Easy to Make Glitter Rainbow Slime Recipe with Clear Glue
- Easy to Make (and low mess) Circus Slime Recipe
- Glow in the Dark Fluffy Slime
- Creative Ways to Make Slime at Home
I developed a science lesson to make slime play more educational and scientific, which you can download for free by clicking the link below!
And now, Here’s how to make the fluffiest cloud slime you’ll ever see!
- Elmer's white glue
- Shaving Cream
- Laundry Starch
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stirring spoon
- Add one cup of glue to a mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of shaving cream to the bowl and stir. Be careful to stir gently or your slime will be less fluffy in the end.
- Add 1/2 a cup of laundry starch and stir gently.
- Your slime will start to form, but it might become stringy. If it does, don't panic.
- Let the slime sit for about 5 minutes.
- Evaluate your slime for texture and feel. If it's too sticky, add more laundry starch. If it is too stiff, add in a bit more shaving cream.
- Knead your slime for 3-4 minutes and evaluate again. Usually, the slime will be perfect and no sticky at all at this point. If it is, keep adjusting a little bit at a time until it has the texture you want!
Temperature and the moisture level in your area can change how much of each ingredient you need to include. Use our recipe as a guideline and make your own adjustments as you go! It's normal for there to be variations.
Check out our slime troubleshooting guide if you have problems!